Paul Jamieson: Captain, Owner
Paul has over 45 years of experience with boating and has been actively involved in the sailing community on Cape Breton Island his entire life. He takes a great deal of pride in ownership of the Cape Bretoner 1 Alpha Catamaran and delights in sharing the safe and pristine waters of the Bras d’Or Lake with guests. Enjoy his unique sense of humour, his knowledge of the area, and the warmth and hospitality of this proud Cape Bretoner.
Instrumental in bringing the Canadian Sailing Hobie Cat Championships to the Bras d’or Lake in 1987 and 1991, Paul and fellow Cape Breton Hobie catamaran sailors were thrilled to host 94 and 79 boats respectively in the Baddeck area.
Paul has served on the Executive of the Bras d’Or Yacht Club Board of Directors, and the Cruise Cape Breton Board of Directors and remains active in the Bras d’Or Sailing Association working to attract visitors to experience the beauty of this outstanding sailors’ paradise.
Tracy Jamieson: Host, First Mate
Tracy is the daughter of owner Paul Jamieson and grew up on the Bras d’Or Lake sailing as a young girl on the family’s Hobie Cat and soon moved up to a mono-hull sailboat and later a 33 ft C&C sailboat. Tracy and her family have an intimate knowledge of this majestic body of water and enjoys sharing the welcoming nature of renowned Cape Breton culture. Tracy’s extensive experience in the hospitality industry has provided her with wonderful opportunities to work across Canada and abroad. She and her family are delighted to call Baddeck, Nova Scotia “home”.
The Cape Bretoner 1
The Cape Bretoner 1, a spacious 42′ Alpha Catamaran, is owned and operated by Sailing Cape Breton Island Inc. The boat comfortably sleeps six overnight passengers (3x couples), and features two full washrooms with showers – as well as a spacious kitchen with ample food prep area. The main deck has plenty indoor and outdoor space for lounging, entertaining, sightseeing, or stargazing on the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake.
Cape Bretoner 1 Features Include:
- Commissioned in July 2015
- 42′ x 24′ Alpha Catamaran
- Spacious kitchen has ample food storage and preparation area, with 3 refrigerators and 1 freezer.
- two dining areas; one inside, the second under a hard-top canopy on the aft deck.
- Two full washrooms with showers.
- Three private berths (two queen bed berths, and one 3/4 bed berth); can accommodate up to three couples or one family.
- The main deck has plenty indoor and outdoor areas for lounging, entertaining and star gazing.
- food catering service available
- Tender boat available for exploring shallows, coastline, and coves.
- Paddle boards and snorkelling gear is available.